Just a few lines to keep all Michaelians updated.
1. The school's editorial team is finalising the 2007 magazine. The magazine this year looks exceptionally special with a very innovatively designed cover, with Michaelian green prominently and boldly displayed.
2. SMI's school theme for this year is "Michaelians Care For Mother Earth". Myriads of programmes have been planned throughout the year. Drawing and colouring competition, public speaking competition, talks by environmentalists, banning the use of plastic bottles in school, encouraging the usage of handkerchiefs (no more tissue papers) - already enforced among the afternoon students and minimizing the usage of water and electricity among students. Banners have been prepared and can be seen displayed in the school compound.
3. There were some 380 new students reported for Form One on the first day of school. Students came from St Michael's primary One and Two, La Salle Primary School, SK Manjoi 2, SK Panglima Bukit Gantang, SK Poi Lam, SK Yuk Choy and a few other schools. Appeal cases of students to be transferred to SMI are still aplenty waiting to be processed by the department. We are still the choice school of many parents.
4. Some 15 new teachers are now teaching in St Michael's.
5. Our school drama will be on Aug 15, 16 and 17 this year.
6. The site previously occupied by the primary blocks has been cleared. Grass has been planted, now taking roots. Long deprived of a field to conduct activities, the primary school is also blessed with a cement court at its side, which I believe will be made into a basketball court. Thanks so much to Brother Matthew Bay for his great and untireless efforts.
All the very best from us at St Michael's.
From Peter Khiew