The purpose of RLEC is to effectively facilitate formal and non-formal Lasallian education that promotes human and spiritual development of the person in a multi-faith society particularly the poor and the disadvantaged.
RLEC seeks to promote -
1. Holistic education for youth, especially the poor and the disadvantaged.
2. The development of a Lasallian spirituality open to all faiths, for a truly inclusive Malaysian society.
3. Universal human rights and social justice.
4. A sense of community in all Lasallian works – “together and by association”.
5. Accountability in respect of the mandate received from the Malaysian Lasallian Education Council.
6. A policy of transparency in respect of all dealings both internal to RLEC and in relating with the various Lasallian works.
caption: In front of St Anthony's School. Photos by Brother Matthew.
It was at the previous meeting at St Anthony's School, Teluk Intan that the committee is working hard to set up the Board of Governors at the school.
We also discussed the programmes for the upcoming seminar on the Roles of Board of Governors at the La Salle Centre on February 21, 2009.
Our next meeting will be in Taiping, St George's School. The Perak Regional sector is headed by Mr Chan Kok Keong.
Brother Vincent Corkery, Brother Matthew Bay, Mr Isaac Stephen and Mr Ambrose Alexander represent the La Salle Centre while St Michael's is represented by Mr Phoon Chong Chee (principal), Mr Harneak Singh (OMA) and Mr Peter Khiew.
We also have Mr Tan Chee Sin and Mr Yeap Thean Hock from St George's and from St Anthony's we have Mr Chew (principal), Mr Lim Chong Ho and Mr Balasingham.
All suggestions and proposals by the regional sectors (of other states) will be deliberated and looked into by the Malaysian Lasallian Education Council at its meetings.