Friday, April 06, 2012

Reaching Out In the Spirit of Faith, Service and Community

Spirit of Service .. we live lives as true Michaelians
It was last week that our boys had the opportunity to reach out to the poor, thanks to the opportunity extended by a company which has long been associated with its ideals of reaching out to the disadvantaged. 
Our boys with executive director of Riverview, Mr Adrian Tsen
Riverview Rubber Estates Bhd has been distributing packets of rice, cooking oil and other provisions monthly to poor families living around the areas of Tanjung Tualang, Batu Gajah and Pengkalan for the past four years. 
"It's good to reach out to the poor and it was my first experience carrying out a charity work", said Bruce Lee, a Form Two student.
"I was able to see the very simple living condition of families. They are poor but they look so happy knowing that someone out there cares for them", said another boy.
"I thank Mr Adrian Tsen and his workers at Riverview. My friends and I salute their kindness and good hearts. They gave with smiling faces. As a Michaelian, I want to be like them when I start working. I was told that Mr Adrian is also a Michaelian," said Aruldass, also a Form Two boy.
From St Michael's Ipoh, our sincere thanks for the hospitality and a chance to do good.

No comments: