Wednesday, April 24, 2013

Back To SMI after more than 45 years

Home Coming of Siblings To St Michael's. 
Not been back at St Michael's for decades, Mr Ho Mun Piew decided to pay the alma mater a visit when he was in Ipoh during the recent Chinese festival. It was a sweet walk down memory lane with his wife and two sisters. The Ho's were obviously excited with the many features of the school, particularly the Form Six classes they were studying in, the science labs, the Marian Library and of course, the chapel. Their years at SMI have left an indelible impression which they still treasure immensely.
Mr Ho, who currently lives in Singapore, studied here from 1956 to 1968 while his sisters studied here in the early 70s.
Best wishes from us at St Michael's Ipoh.

Note: We received an e-mail from Mr Ho, a few days after the visit.

Dear Mr. Peter Khiew ,
Last Thursday , 4 April , my two sisters and I had the good fortune
of meeting up with you in our dear St. Michael's .
You showed us the Heritage Room and to our most pleasant surprise
you took us to meet Principal Loh . We are very appreciative of
her taking the time to chat with us casual visitors .
I just got back to Singapore and I am writing this belated thank you note
to you for the time and trouble you took in showing us around .
Once again , thank you very much .

With warmest regards ,
Ho Mun Piew
( Class of 1956 - 1968 )

1 comment:

Raymond said...

A wild shot.
My name is Raymond YE Lim, a retiree residing in PJ.
I drop into your blog via Google. I was attempting to locate friends in my spare time, on and off.
One such name is Ho Mun Phiew.
Could you provide me the link to establish contact with my friend.
A quote or password as it were goes like this ...
"The worth of an opinion varies with the respect one has for the holder of that opinion. .."
Should this saying matched, then I have located Ho of London (1971 to 1977)
This is like a shot into the clouds for MH17?
Cheers.
raymondyelim@gmail.com
1 Sept.'14