Friday, June 27, 2014

Calling Michaelians from the Class of 1957 and 1958

Mr Li Chiu Suen is 5th from left on the top row, at the back
Old boys Mr Leong Kah Loong, Mr Jimmy Ho and Mr Vincent Chong Chun Chee of Class 1958. Please contact your long lost buddy Mr Li Chiu Suen who is now residing in Australia. Below is the e-mail Mr Li sent in March 2014. Besides expressing his hope to locate his friends, Mr Li also shared with all of us his years at St Michael's and what he is doing currently to pass time.

Li stands between Brother Pius and Brother Vincent
Dear Mr Peter Khiew
I attended SMI in the years of 1957-1958 when Brother Vincent was present.
I sat for The Senior Cambridge Certificate in 1958 and left in 1959 to further my studies in Australia. I wonder if you would be able to assist me in contacting some of my classmates then? To name a few, they were Leong Kah Loong, Jimmy Ho and Vincent Chong Chun Chee. I would also love to hear from others as well, if they still remember me!
Many thanks for your help in anticipation.


Briefly my history and association with SMI : I attended the school in 1957-1958, Form 4 till form 5 and finally sat for the Senior Cambridge Certificate. Principal at that time was Brother Pius. Brother Vincent was also present as well as my Science teacher, Master Eu-Chong and his wife, who taught me Biology. In my final year, Ng Boon Bee was a member of the Thomas Cup team player for Malaya. I was a Science/Maths student and I left to further my studies in Australia ( Sydney, Uni of N.S.W. & Melbourne, Swinburne University and Melbourne State College of Education.) I have been in Aust. since 1959 and had been working as: An Analytical Chemist in the Colonial Sugar Refining Company, Drug Research in CSIRO ( Commonwealth Scientific Industrial Research Organisation and for 25 years, a Science/Maths teacher at Blackburn High School, in Melbourne. I retired many years ago and since have been tutoring privately in Science, Maths & Chemistry.
I'm married and have 2 sons and 5 grandchildren. I play mahjong and badminton
regularly and socially to kill time! Last but not least, I travel wildly around the world and love cruising around in liners.
Hope there are still many old SMI classmates of 1958-59 do remember me and care to send me a word or two. I love to hear from them and rekindle our friendships!

Note from the Editor: Mr Li, we will send out words through our contacts to all your classmates and friends who were here at St Michael's. At this stage we will take the efforts to trace them, at least to start off with one or two. From here, your e-mail contact will be given to them so that they can contact you directly. Yes, I hope it will be soon all of you can meet to catch up old times. 

No comments: